Here’s a great light and super healthy salad that your belly will love. This is a belly-balancing, palate cleansing, super-yummy, 4-star easy, Ayurvedic Suzanne original.
- 1 large cucumber – cut in half length wise, then slice super thin
- 1 small to medium fennel bulb, sliced super thin
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro (or less)
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/8 cup of good quality olive oil
- juice of 2 juicy lemons
Let sit for a least 1/2 hour before serving. It’s great the next day too.
As always with cooking, taste as you go. Be prudent to begin. Start with the juice of 1 lemon, 1/8+ cup of olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt. Taste, then add more of each as needed. You can always add more, but you can’t take ingredients out.
Tip: I use Meyer Lemons when in season
Tip: I can’t stress this enough: be sure to slice the fennel super-thin