Why, when we know that there’s no such thing as perfect, do most of us spend an incredible amount of time and energy trying to be everything to everyone? Is it that we really admire perfection? No – the truth is that we are actually drawn to people who are real and down-to-earth. We love authenticity and we know that life is messy and imperfect. – Brene Brown
Welcome to Day 3 of my 21 Day Yoga Challenge. For those of you who are new to my 21 Day Yoga Challenge, to participate in this free challenge, you simply commit to practicing at least 10 minutes of yoga a day and 10 minutes of meditation a day. My vlog (video blog) has over a hundred meditations and asana videos. Search key words on the side bar if you need ideas for your practice.
Today’s Suggested Meditation/Reflection
Spend some quiet time today in meditation. Reflect on how you can live a more authentic life. Set an intention to be true to your own personality, spirit and character. Consider the following questions on how you can live more fully in your truth. If you’d like, have a pen and paper handy to record your insights.
- How am I not being true to myself?
- How can I align my thoughts, speech, heart and actions?
- How can I speak my truth in a non-harming way?
- How do I envision how I’d like to be, yet sabotage or fail to live the way I intend?
- How can I be more gentle and loving with myself?