Day 14 of our 21 Day Yoga Challenge
Twists are a big part of the yoga asana (pose) practice. Some of the many benefits of twists include:
- restoring your spine’s natural range of motion
- detoxing the body and cleansing the organs
- creating greater circulation in the body
- releasing physical tension
- lengthening the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue for greater mobility and health
- maintaining the health of the spine
Check out today’s yoga sequence that includes a series of twists. Many of these are appropriate for beginner yogis or for those who have some physical challenges. All of these poses, no matter simple, are spectacular for intermediate to seasoned yogis. Try to incorporate a few twists into your practice each day.
Tip: If your yoga practice includes a lot of twists such as today’s sequence, then make sure that you drink 16 ounces of water within 60 minutes of your practice.